Friday, August 28, 2009

Letter to Ianto #3

Hello my gorgeous little person,

    We’ve had a very eventful week! On Tuesday night, your daddy and I were sitting at the hospital hoping against hope that you were okay. I’ve been having pains in my lower stomach, where you are, and it got so bad I felt I needed to get you checked out. I had a few blood tests, and we waited (and waited, and waited…) until I was finally checked a bit more. The doctor pressed very hard on my belly, and told me I’d have to go in the next day for an ultrasound to check that you weren’t ectopic (an ectopic pregnancy is one in which the baby implants in the tubes rather than the womb – there’s no way to save the baby in that case)

    Your dad and I spent the night worrying and crying a bit – we watched about a million DVDs to take our minds off it. But, we went in Wednesday morning for an ultrasound and… We saw you! We saw your heartbeat, we saw how big you are, we saw that you were in the right place! You were 5 weeks and 5 days old – which puts you at 6 weeks today! Your dad cried.

    Yesterday I still went in for my ultrasound appointment that I made before all this trouble – The doctor said I was “almost five weeks” and that it was “impossible to find a heartbeat this early” – I almost cracked up laughing!

    Wednesday I also told your Nan (my mum) about you. She wasn’t happy at all. I can understand that, we’re not in a great financial position for a baby. But she’ll come around. She’s like me, she loves babies too much. I know she’s just worried about me and how I can look after you. I didn’t appreciate her calling me stupid for it though. I’m not stupid.
Related Posts with Thumbnails