Friday, August 21, 2009

Letter to Ianto #1

Dear Nugget,

    Welcome to the world – or, the world of my womb, anyway. We just found out about you on Wednesday, the 19th of August. Exactly one month before your dad and I are getting married. For the past few months until now, my thoughts have been purely about the wedding, but for two days I’ve had nothing on my mind but you.

    Your dad is so happy, as am I. We were actually just starting to actively try for a baby, and it turns out you were already there! I’m not enjoying that you’re making my body ache – it doesn’t help that I’ve been walking a lot today with no car to drive. I’m a little worried about the slight pains in my belly where you are – but all my books and websites say that’s most likely to be “implantation pain” – you’re hooking yourself into me, keeping yourself safe and setting up a home for the next 8 months or so.

    Tomorrow I’ll be making my first few appointments – an ultrasound to see how old you are, and a blood test to check if I’m healthy enough to have you without complications. The doctor who saw me today says I’m probably about six weeks.

    I’m getting tired now, so I’m going to sleep.

    Love always, your mummy
Related Posts with Thumbnails